The 2020 Legislative Session has begun and we expect that Greenhaven will be making another attempt to find a sponsor for their bill this year. Now is the time to begin writing letters to your representatives letting them know that you oppose Greenhaven. There is also a second cityhood initiative taking place in NE DeKalb County called Vista Grove. The bottom line is that all of these cityhood movements hurt the rest of the County and create inequity for the residents who remain in unincorporated areas. Please let your representatives know that you are against Greenhaven AND new cityhood movements in general.
How Can You Help?
- Join our Facebook Groups, Neighbors Against Greenhaven and DeKalb Strong if you haven’t already. Please ask your neighbors to join too!
- Check these sites often for updates throughout the session.
- Sign the petition:. If you’ve already signed it, please ask your neighbors to sign it too! If you’re on Nextdoor in your neighborhood please post it there as well!
- Send an email to your Representative letting them know you oppose Greenhaven and cityhood movements in Unincorporated DeKalb County. Use this link to look up your representative.
- Use this template:
- Dear Representative _______, I live at (PERSONAL ADDRESS) in Dekalb County. I am writing today to let you know that I am against the creation of the proposed City of Greenhaven. Additionally, I am against all new cityhood movements in Unincorporated Dekalb County. Thank you, (NAME, EMAIL)
- Email Shaw Blackmon, the new Chair of the Governmental Affairs Committee. His email: email@example.com.
- Email Template: Dear Representative Blackmon, I live at (PERSONAL ADDRESS) in Dekalb County. I am writing today to let you know that I am against the creation of the proposed City of Greenhaven. Additionally, I am against all new cityhood movements in Unincorporated Dekalb County. Thank you, (NAME, EMAIL)
- Sign up to help us down at the capitol. We need volunteers who can take trips down to the capitol during the session. If Greenhaven finds a sponsor for their bill, we will need folks who can attend committee meetings and voice opposition.
For updates continue to follow this site and follow us on